Date:      Sat, 26 Sep 1998 21:18:51 -0400
From:      Harlan Stenn <Harlan.Stenn@pfcs.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   proxy natd and asymmetric cable modem routing

Does anybody have natd doing proxy routing for a network using a cable
modem where the uplink is over a telephone modem?

I've fount example where folks are using natd for ADSL and things, but the
internet connection is always bidirectional out of a single interface.

I'll be using 1 IP address for the uplink (PPP over a phone modem (and the
return packetw will be coming back via the cable modem to a separate NIC
card (with a different IP address), and the box will also gateway to the
rest of my network over a second NIC card.

Suggestions would be most welcome...