Date:      Wed, 02 Jul 2003 13:34:51 -0500
From:      Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        Adam <blueeskimo@gmx.net>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gedit 2.3.3 crashes on 4.8-STABLE and 5.1-RELEASE

On 02 Jul 2003 12:26:17 -0400, Adam <blueeskimo@gmx.net> wrote:

> I removed gedit 2.3.2 and gedit-plugins, then installed gedit 2.3.3 from
> Marcus's CVS repo (after a slight, and approved, modification to make it
> compile without GNOME 2.3.3 libs).
>
> Anyhow, I can consistently make gedit segfault on exiting if the spell
> checker plugin is enabled.
>
> To reproduce:
> Enable the spell checker plugin
> Close gedit (it won't crash if the plugin was previously disabled)
> Start gedit
> Close gedit (it will crash here)
>

> I have spoken with Paolo Maggi (gedit lead developer), and he's unable
> to reproduce this error on his test boxes. We're pretty sure it's
> specific to the spell checker plugin or the interface with aspell, and
> its NOT anything to do with gcc version (since I can crash it on both
> 4.8 and 5.1). All signs point to a problem specific to the FreeBSD port.
> I have a backtrace if anyone is interested.
>
> Can anyone else verify this bug? I am collecting information this
> afternoon, and will file a full BugZilla report later on this evening.
> Please try this out (if you use gedit) and see if you can reproduce it,
> or uncover more details/clues I haven't thought of.

No crash, the spell check works perfect here. Yes, I did close, start and
close gedit again. I did removed gedit-plugins by myself and upgrade gedit
to 2.3.3 few days ago. But, I am not sure what you did with gedit by
compile without Gnome libraries, which I just leave everything by default
from Joe. You should show how you compile, what CFLAGS and many more if you
are expecting for the more help.

BTW: My system is 5.1-CURRENT yesterday.

Cheers,
Mezz

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.