Date:      Wed, 18 Oct 2000 15:12:28 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@cup.hp.com>
Cc:        Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gcc and FreeBSD [was: Re: Which GCC in CURRENT? [Was: Re: Wine update]]

On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 04:40:53PM -0400, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
> > Should any of you have some time to spend, those two PRs I mentioned above

I have issues with one of them -- IMHO FSF/GCC should not assume the
existence of crt{i,n}.o since they supply their own crt{begin,end}.o
(thru crtstuff.c).  There is obivious assumpitons by crtstuff.c on what
crt{i,n}.o supplies, and thus seems logical GCC come with its own
crt{i,n}.s.  This is not to say I am unbending on this (and it also
carries over into JDP's teritory), but I do want to rasie this issue on
the gcc@gcc.gnu.org (after BSDcon) mailing list to see what they say.

> David: Can you take a look at it, or shall I try to free some time for
> this. It sounds important enough from what I understand from Gerald.

I am tied up at BSDcon for the week.  So I'll reply to this thread better
later.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)