Date:      Thu, 11 Mar 1999 20:23:42 -0800
From:      "Robert Sowders" <rsowders@usgs.gov>
To:        Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr, Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: syncing filesystems... giving up

I also noticed this behavior after I moved /tmp to MFS, this is the line =
from my fstab

/dev/wd0s2b                     /tmp                     mfs             =
rw,-s=3D100000,nodev,noexec   0   0=20

after this I occassionally get a dirty buffers, or pages message then the =
system gives up on it=20
and reboots.
please excuse the formatting.

>>> HERBELOT Thierry <Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr> 3/10/99 12:27:06 AM >>>
Hello,

One problem was the use of MFS (I had it for /tmp and had the same prob
with sync)

I don't remember if this was fixed or not.

	TfH