Date:      Fri, 13 Mar 1998 14:53:19 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Jonathan A. Zdziarski" <jonz@netrail.net>
To:        Alan Judge <Alan.Judge@indigo.ie>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG, jk@cais.com
Subject:   Re: Help w/ SCSI Tape drives/Backup solution

We've got something similar to what you're talking about set up, only not
using amanda (since dump is so non-portable).  We have a 20gb DLT Drive
sitting on our box, and a perl script that mounts all the machines we need
to back up from, along with local files, and tars them to the DLT.
Doesn't take very long, runs every night, and the tapes are portable as
well.

Thank you,

Jonathan A. Zdziarski
Systems Administrator