Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 2001 11:26:35 -0700 (MST)
From:      Eric Lee Green <eric@estinc.com>
To:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why filemarks in sardpos?

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001, Eric Lee Green wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Jan 2001, Matthew Jacob wrote:
> > p.s.: Not all drives, btw, have a horrible speed loss with the flush
> > operation. DAT drives seem fine. DLTs are horribly affected.
>
> I noticed the horrible speed loss with a Seagate DDS-3 DAT drive. We're

Sorry, I just checked to see what drive was hooked up to my FreeBSD box
and I was wrong about the vendor of the DDS-3 drive. The drive that got
slowed down to 8K/sec by the SETMARK 0 was a Tecmar DDS-3 DAT drive. I
will attest that the READ_POSITION works fine there w/o the preceding
SETMARK 0.

I'll test it with an Ecrix VXA shortly.

--
Eric Lee Green                         eric@estinc.com
Software Engineer                      "The BRU Guys"