Date:      Thu, 21 Oct 2004 18:54:48 +0200
From:      Benjamin Walkenhorst <krylon@gmx.net>
To:        Brian <Brian@bossbox.com>
Cc:        'FreeBSD Questions' <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Rid of those Windows Desktops!

Brian wrote:

>Lots of ram is they all have at least 512mb.

That *is* enough. =) I didn't have problems at 512mb, so far...

>I should take "Secure" out of there I'm fairly well up on FreeBSD Security
>and all boxes are behind a well maintained FreeBSD Router/Firewall.
>
>I have all those books :)

I don't have too much experience running servers on FreeBSD (my local
server/gateway runs NetBSD for historical reasons, so to speak, and I
like it as well), but if you have experience with FreeBSD and like it, I
think you'll like it just as much on the desktop.
XFree/X.org can be a little nasty sometimes, but once it works, it
mostly stays that way.
And since you have prior experience and plenty of good documentation
available, I think you will have lots of fun. =)

Kind regards,
Benjamin