Date:      Fri, 15 Apr 2005 23:43:35 +0100
From:      Andrew Tappert <andrew@binturong.us>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   call_usermodehelper equivalent?

This is a question about FreeBSD kernel (module) programming.

Is there an equivalent in FreeBSD to the Linux function
'call_usermodehelper' which wraps execve to do as its name suggests,
call a user mode helper program?  If there is, what is it?  If not, can
some kind person please point me to some code in the kernel--if there is
any--which does something similar, so I may see how it's properly done?
  My searching thus far has been to no avail.

Thanks,
Andrew