Date:      07 Nov 2002 15:23:37 -0600
From:      Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD filesystem 1TB Limit

At 2002-11-07T06:48:32Z, "Derrick Ryalls" <ryallsd@datasphereweb.com> writes:

>> 1200*1MB == 1.2GB, does it not?

> Yes, it does not.

> Usually, when talking computers, people use 2^10 which = 1024.  So 1200
> MB = 1.17 GB.  Anyone correct me if I am wrong.

I'm willing to call 1.17 as 1.2 for the sake of this thread, which started
with the statement that 1200*1MB was breaking the 1TB limit.  I think that
1.2GB is roughly as much smaller than 1TB as is 1.17GB, so I'm content with
the rounding in this context.  :)
--
Kirk Strauser
In Googlis non est, ergo non est.