Date:      Fri, 19 May 2000 18:39:02 +0530
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
To:        Nils Holland <nils@nightcastleproductions.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: KDE 2

Nils Holland said on May 19, 2000 at 15:04:10:
> In the current ports collection in the directory /usr/ports/x11/kde2 there
> is a port of KDE 1.90 (pre2) available. After having deinstalled my old
> KDE (pkg_delete -f <all_the_kde11_stuff>) I decided to try out this
> version. Compilation and installation all ran well, but now there are some
> problems. I'd basically like to know if anybody's already tried out this
> port and if it works for them or if they are also getting problems.

Haven't tried the KDE2 port, but on a 3.4 system, exactly the
two programs you mention (kdewizard and konqueror) crashed with
a segv.  In the case of konqueror, the program which actually
crashed was kdeinit. I compiled and installed from a cvsup'd kde tree.
I intend to try again sometime, with debugging symbols and all...

Rahul.