Date:      31 Jul 1999 22:38:41 -0000
From:      vladimir@math.uic.edu
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dhcp and arplookup/arpresolve messages

I had the same problem with a machine on the local ethernet that was
using dhcp.   I fixed it by editing the dhclient-script (it might
be in /etc/or /usr/local/etc depending on your configuration).   I noticed
that "netstat -rn" gave one additional routing table entry after the client
got its address via dhcp.
I found the line
route add $new_ip_address 127.1 >/dev/null 2>&1
and commented it out.
Things were ok since then.
I am not sure that was the right thing to do though.
Hope this helps.

	Vladimir