Date:      Sun, 18 Aug 1996 14:27:57 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Randy <root@arabian.astrolab>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NFS & Samba & "permission denied"

Greetings,
    Is there anything that has changed between 2.1.0-Release and 2.1.5-Release t
hat
may change the way NFS and Samba behave?  Here's what's happening...

Since upgrading from 2.1.0 -> 2.1.5 I've been unable to perform any write activi
ties
on a FBSD machine via NFS or Samba.  I can mount NFS mounts, and read/view the d
irs,
and I can map MS boxes to Samba 'shares' and browse, but in either case I can't
write
to or delete from these resources.  It returns "permission denied" in both cases
>.
I preserved the original configuration files and to the best of my knowlege (lim
ited
as it may be) nothing has changed that would cause this.  It worked beautifully
before the upgrade.  (and made NT-Server look silly!!! :) ) It's obviously somet
hing
stupid <again> but I'll be darned if I can find it.

Any suggestions / ideas???

Thanks

Randy