Date:      Tue, 24 Sep 1996 12:16:30 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: install on {Net,Open}BSD vs install on FreeBSD

> Sorry to sound a little frustrated, but the grabbing the code from
> NetBSD, putting it into FreeBSD's install and testing it took less
> time than I've spent writing email on this topic.

That's because you forgot the cardinal rule of FreeBSD development:
It's easier to apologise afterwards than ask permision beforehand. :-)

[Yes folks, I'm mostly joking, but there have been more than a few
 instances where we'd have all been better off had a given problem
 been solved with more coding and less talking, especially when the
 change being discussed was trivial and truly not worth an extended
 debate]

					Jordan