Date:      Sun, 2 Jan 2005 21:54:14 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Michael L. Squires" <mikes@siralan.org>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   ACPI problem with Toshiba 8100, 5.3-STABLE

The 5.3-STABLE compiled on 12/17 from 12/16 sources boots without
problems; kernels compiled from sources after 12/28 (12/28;12/30;1/1) have
numerous ACPI
errors.  These errors keep the Lucent WiFi CardBus card from operating at
all (12/28 and 12/30; no idea about 1/1) , but don't seem to affect
operation when docked (I'm only using the
docking station's Ethernet, video passthrough, mouse passthrough, and
keyboard passthrough; although the expansion box is attached with a
Symbios SCSI card and SCSI CD-ROM it is not used).

I updated the BIOS to the last version available for the Toshiba Tecra
8100, v 2.50; no effect.

I've but a fragment of a verbose dmesg, acpidump output, and iasl ouput
for this system at

http://familysquires.net:8080

under "ACPI stuff".

All the files were created with a v2.50 BIOS and the 8100 docked and
attached to Ethernet, a KVM switch (video, mouse, keyboard) and a bus
expansion box with a Symbios SCSI card and SCSI CD-ROM drive.

A Supermicro P6DGH (dual PIII/GX chipset) has no problems with the same
sources.

I have a copy of the 12/17 kernel and will continue to track 5.3-STABLE.

Since I have a backup copy of a working kernel this is not a critical
problem.

Mike Squires