Date:      Wed, 16 Jan 2002 01:17:19 -0800
From:      Steve Warwick <ukla@mediaone.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   PHP4.1.1 build fails :(

Hi all,

I have to get the latest and greatest PHP version up on my server (4.1.1).
All appears to go well except the installer cannot open the Makefile...
hmmm. The install of 4.04 went well enough. All files are root/wheel
read/write where needed, all libraries found and OK... I think :)

Any suggestions of what this might be and how to fix it?

TIA

Steve

Using 'make':

< finds all the required libraries >

===>  Patching for mod_php4-4.1.1
===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for mod_php4-4.1.1
===>  Configuring for mod_php4-4.1.1
===>  Building for mod_php4-4.1.1
make: cannot open Makefile.
*** Error code 2