Date:      Fri, 25 Jun 1999 22:44:57 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Jonathon Doran <doranj@Colorado.EDU>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I love FreeBSD

> uhh how do i make my FreeBSD webserver (apache)
> visible to dreamweaver under an NT box, or better yet,

I have no idea what dreamweaver is, so I can't help you with that one.  If
its important to you, and nobody comes forward with an answer on their own,
you might give us more information.

> how do i share directories in UNIX so i can just copy
> from NT to UNIX my html files...

You can use Samba to export (or "share" in Windows speak) FreeBSD directories
to Windows clients.  The FreeBSD machine will appear in the Network
Neighborhood, and you can them map the network volume to a "drive" under
Windows.

Samba can be found in the ports collection (/usr/ports/net/samba).  Go
to this directory (as root) and type "make install" while you are connected
to the Internet.

> thanx in advance, does anyone know of any
> documents on basic UNIX especially for
> bequiners like me

Anything by O'Reilly.  They have a "Unix in a Nutshell" or similar which
is pretty generic, but suitable for people new to Unix.  Rather than being
OS-specific, these books are usable on most versions of Unix.

Jon Doran