Date:      Tue, 05 Oct 1999 01:00:40 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org, sos@freebsd.org, phk@freebsd.org
Subject:   maxphys = 0??

A kernel from this weekend's sources is showing this warning message
at boot:

WARNING: #ad/0x30005 maxphys = 0 ??WARNING: #ad/0x30004 maxphys = 0
??

These are:

brw-r-----  1 root  operator   30, 0x00030004 Apr  6 11:48 ad0s2e
brw-r-----  1 root  operator   30, 0x00030005 Apr  6 11:48 ad0s2f

I had a crash during an overnight make world with this kernel, but I
haven't been able to reproduce the crash.

From the source code, it would seem the message is harmless.
Nevertheless, it's a warning message, so I suppose I'm being warning
about something. Why does it show this message for ad0s2[ef] but not
for the other partitions? How do I "correct" the problem? Anyone
wants me to provide any kind of further information?

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	Rule 69: Do unto other's code as you'd have it done unto yours