Date:      Tue, 1 Nov 2016 11:17:58 -0400
From:      Anton Yuzhaninov <citrin+bsd@citrin.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: splitting A1 size PDF into 4 pages A4

On 11/01/16 10:31, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> I've got a file, one page A1 size PDF, and want to split this for
> printing (and glueing together) into 4 pages of A4 size PDF; do we have
> something in our ports for this, best a command line tool?

Your can use ImageMagick (and may be GraphicsMagick)

For cli version install port graphics/ImageMagick-nox11

If ImageMagick compiled with pdf support convert tool can read pdf and
write raster image.

See my script as example:
https://bitbucket.org/citrin/scripts/src/tip/split-image.sh
And modify for your task if need.