Date:      Wed, 10 Jul 2002 18:39:20 +0200
From:      Juan Francisco Rodriguez Hervella <jrh@it.uc3m.es>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   "apachectl startssl" script with automatic password

Hello:

I've got a script in "/usr/local/etc/rc.d/" which sets up the apache web
server
with ssl support. The problem is that when it's executed, this happens:

root@mira:/usr/local/etc/rc.d# ./apache.sh start
Apache/1.3.26 mod_ssl/2.8.10 (Pass Phrase Dialog)
Some of your private key files are encrypted for security reasons.
In order to read them you have to provide us with the pass phrases.

Server new.host.name:443 (RSA)
Enter pass phrase:

And the booting process doesn't continue any longer.

I've installed "Expect" and I've tried this script:

--------------
#!/usr/local/bin/expect

spawn apachectl startssl
expect "Enter pass phrase:"
send "<my_password>\r"
--------------

But this happens:

root@mira:/usr/local/etc/rc.d# ./S65_apache.sh
spawn apachectl startssl
Apache/1.3.26 mod_ssl/2.8.10 (Pass Phrase Dialog)
Some of your private key files are encrypted for security reasons.
In order to read them you have to provide us with the pass phrases.

Server new.host.name:443 (RSA)
Enter pass phrase:root@mira:/usr/local/etc/rc.d#

And  when I make "ps ax | grep http" I see nothing running...
How can I make this ? I'm not an "Expect" expert :)

Thanks in advance.

--
JFRH.