Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 2000 10:53:24 -0700
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: VMWare on -current, how fast should I expect it to be?

On Tue, Sep 12, 2000 at 02:27:45PM +0100, Nik Clayton wrote:
> For those of you running VMWare (2) on -current, how fast do you expect it to
> be?

I'm running it on my PIII 366 laptop.  It's not great, but it's usable.
The biggest factors I've seen effecting performance are memory related.
Running out will cause the system to temporarily hang while it pages
large chunks of memory in and out.  Also, the J option to malloc did
really bad things to performance when I had it on.

-- Brooks