Date:      Wed, 20 Mar 2002 09:40:02 -0800
From:      Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu>
To:        Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
Cc:        "Michael W.Holdeman" <ptfd9100@beanstalk.net>, "FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>" <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: bidwatcher

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 11:23:14PM -0800, Annelise Anderson wrote:

> However bidwatcher has a problem with some auctions (not being able
> to get the data for them) that is being worked on, and if you want
> the very latest, you have to get the sources by CVS from sourceforge.net
> and build it yourself.  (Keeping up with changes outside of releases
> is not the porter's responsiblity.)

While there have been ports that track CVS repositories outside the
project (OpenSSH comes to mind), it is quite labor-intensive and usually
reserved for things more important than bidwatcher.  :-)

I just wanted to say that if you do decide to use the sources from CVS
instead of the port, it should be quite straightforward.  I think you
can probably just "./configure", "gmake", and "gmake install" as is
common with most software these days, and it will probably work just
fine.

--
Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu> * UNIX is a lever for the
http://www.pobox.com/~mph/           * intellect. -J.R. Mashey