Date:      Wed, 26 Aug 1998 23:11:58 +0000
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Scott Drassinower <scottd@cloud9.net>
Cc:        dg@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Intel 100+ troubles

> On Tue, 25 Aug 1998, Mike Smith wrote:
>
> > This looks like a known problem which was fixed literally just a few
> > days ago. It's timing sensitive, which is probably why you're only
> > seeing it at 100Mbps.
>
> The problem still exists.
>  UID   PID  PPID CPU PRI NI   VSZ  RSS WCHAN  STAT  TT       TIME COMMAND
>  100   408   395   0 -18  0   228  536 vmopar D+    p3    0:00.07 sz
>
> I upgraded the machine that this process is running on and a couple of
> other machines to 2.2.7-release.
>
> The machine I am running sz on has a 2.2.7-stable kernel.  The machine
> that is serving this file via NFS is running 2.2.5-release, but is going
> to get 2.2.7 tomorrow probably.
>
> What exactly does vmopar mean?

It's a unique name given to a particular state in which the kernel is
waiting.  In this case, it's inside the vm_object_page_remove()
function.

Please verify that the following files are at the stated version or
above:

  Revision      Path
  1.28.2.8      src/sys/nfs/nfs_bio.c
  1.65.2.3      src/sys/vm/vnode_pager.c

(just to be sure that you're up to date).

David; do you want to handle this one?