Date:      Wed, 20 Nov 96 09:25:53 +0100
From:      cracauer@wavehh.hanse.de (Martin Cracauer)
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Interest in large collection of Lisp/Scheme implementations?

obrien@NUXI.COM (David E. O'Brien) wrote:

>BUT, I feel guilty that maybe the use of the program to the general FBSD
>public doesn't warrent the space the distfile and pkg will take up on the
>CDROM.  So I am thinking of marking these NO_PKG and NO_CDROM.  The port
>will be there for painless building if someone else ever needs it.

>Oppinions?  Danerous precidence??

I'm sure the right thing is to let the portmaster and the president to
decide about this (and hopefully will send a mail if they choose to
leave one out). They know more about the FreeBSD community as a whole
and they know how much space is let on the CDs. All we can do is to
add a proper description to support this decision and be prepared to
answer questions about a packages' purspose.

Martin
--
Martin Cracauer <cracauer@cons.org> http://cracauer.cons.org Fax +49405228536