Date:      Fri, 18 Dec 1998 15:41:48 -0500
From:      Clarence_Griffin@ed.gov (Clarence Griffin)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, wildcardus freakis <wildcard@dax.belen.k12.nm.us>
Subject:   Re: Troubles with Xf86Setup

     Hi Sasha,

     I had this problem for a while till I looked up my 'modeline' code in
     the file

     /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/doc/VideoModes.doc.

     This is cryptically discussed in "The Complete FreeBSD Guide", page
     131.

     What I did was find my monitor, cut the suggested 'modelines' and
     paste them into the XF86Config file.

     Things got better fast then.

     Good luck

     dg