Date:      Fri, 01 Jun 2007 10:05:32 -0500
From:      Paul Schmehl <pauls@utdallas.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wierd postfix/cyrus SASL error...

--==========D0D6C96C4B76196B616D==========

--On Friday, June 01, 2007 14:55:23 +0530 Amarendra Godbole=20
<amarendra.godbole@gmail.com> wrote:

> Okay, after a lot of digging around, I got the error. Somehow
> something messed up during the portupgrade, and postfix started
> negotiating GSSAPI authentication with the smtp server. Since GSSAPI
> needs krb (kerberos) support, which was not configured, the auth
> failed. Adding the following lines to main.cf solved the problem, and
> postfix now happily chugs along:
>
> smtp_sasl_security_options =3D noanonymous, noplaintext
> smtp_sasl_mechanism_filter =3D login, ntlm
>
> Now it negotiates login or ntlm with the server, and the auth works
> fine. Thanks for all the help. My next stop is to figure out *what*
> changed during portupgrade (as my postfix config files were the same
> as before) that created this issue.

Since Postfix is such a critical app, you might want to consider presetting =

the config you want in /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf to avoid surprises=20
during portupgrade.

--=20
Paul Schmehl (pauls@utdallas.edu)
Senior Information Security Analyst