Date:      Sun, 02 Feb 2003 13:31:13 -0500
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
Subject:   Re: Slightly OT, OSX, terminals & key combinations

Rich Fox wrote:
> Thanks, I think that found the issue, however...
>
> an stty -a returns...
> 	[snip]
> 	cchars: discard = ^O; dsusp = ^Y; eof
> 	[snip]
[ ... ]
> Am I even barking in the right forest?

Yes.  If you've also got "lnext" set like so:

lnext   min     quit    reprint start   status  stop    susp    time
^V      1       ^\      ^R      ^Q      ^T      ^S      ^Z      0

...then typing ^V ^O should send a literal cntl-O to pine.  Cntl-v is
used to "quote" shell line-editing characters.

-Chuck

PS: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=47815 :-)