Date:      Sat, 24 Jan 1998 16:17:48 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        dstenn@fanfic.org (Dennis Tenn)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New snap of sound code

> Luigi.
>
> Will there be any work re:AWE PnP autodetect code?  I love the fact that
> it works but I was wondering if there will be anything done to the code
> that will make it unnecessary for us to manually enter kernel config mode
> to enable the card.  Just a thought.

considering that PnP autodetect requires quite some effort in the
code (to retrieve used resources from BIOS and check for conflicts
with legacy ISA devices, and then it might still fail as it does
in many BIOSes) and that with the "dset" patches the manual
configuration only needs to be done once (and can be put in
/kernel.config), I don't plan to put any work on this.

	cheers
	luigi