Date:      Wed, 11 Jun 1997 00:41:01 +0900
From:      Masafumi NAKANE/=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQ2Y6LDJtSjgbKEI=?= <max@wide.ad.jp>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        max@wide.ad.jp
Subject:   need help on building shared lib

Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade the port of libwww.  The static library archive
can be built without much problem, but I have some trouble with shared
library.

When you do make, it seems that shared library, too, is created fine,
but if you try to use it, i.e., compile and run some program uses it,
there obviously are some problems.  As far as I could find out, there
are some missing symbols from libwww.so.5.1 although those symbols
exist in *.so files.  Maybe the flags I'm giving to ld or cc are
wrong?

If anyone could spare some time on this, please get the port and test
it.  It's available from:

http://www.freebsd.org/~max/test/libwww-5.1b-port.tar.gz

     Thanks,
Max

          Masafumi NAKANE, Keio Univ., Dept. of Environmental Information
E-Mail : max@wide.ad.jp / max@FreeBSD.ORG
[URL] :  http://www.sfc.wide.ad.jp/~max/