Date:      Sat, 5 Dec 1998 04:04:00 -0600
From:      "Singh, Hardeep           IN" <singhh@delpo1.in.unisys.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   BSD Packet Filter.Device Not Configured

Sir,
I have installed tcpdump and libpcap from there source code downloaded from
ftp://ftp.ee.lbl.gov using make utility.
Make went all fine with no errors or warnings !!.
Now when I run tcpdump it gives me error
/dev/bfp0 not configured
where as the device is there in /dev directory with entry as follows
crw-------  1 root   wheel      23,   0 Jan  3 21:24 bpf0
Is it that the entry for this device is not in the kernel.If that is so
please guide if as to what
should i do for it.Do i need to recompile the kernel.What entry do I need to
put in my config file
I shall be greatly thankful to you for your kind assistence
Also even before installation when i was using tcpdump installed by default
in My FreeBSD
I was getting the same error.Please guide me where can i get more info
regarding this.I tried searching your website to relevent information but i
could not get one i required.
Thanks & regards
Hoping for a prompt reply

Hardeep Singh