Date:      9 Aug 2001 22:26:43 -0000
From:      dev-null@no-id.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   weird www problem

Hi,

When using combinations of...

server
------
XFree86 4.1.0

window manager
--------------
KDE (kwm)
Blackbox
WindowMaker

web browser
-----------
Netscape Navigator 4.78 (linux)
Opera (linux)

... viewing certain websites causes X to crash with
a SIGSEGV. Looking at the X log reveals nothing. Because
of the combinations I've tried, I don't believe it's a
browser or window manager problem, but then again, it just may be...

Here are two sites that cause X to crash:

www.sosmath.com
www.hotmail.com

Every attempt to view them causes the same weird problem.
I've tried different approaches, e.g. disabling CSS, javascript, java, or whatever -- no avail. It happens at the same place every time also.

In hotmail, I click 'inbox' and am taken to my inbox folder. Then after I use the keyboard cursor keys or the mouse to scroll down, it's predictable when X will crash.

I'm thinking it may be some X problem unrelated to FreeBSD, but I dunno. Occasionally FreeBSD panics and reboots _after_ X crashes.

Is anyone else experiencing similar problems?

--
This message has been sent via an anonymous mail relay at www.no-id.com.