Date:      Mon, 6 Nov 2000 15:22:11 +0200 (IST)
From:      Roman Shterenzon <roman@harmonic.co.il>
To:        j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: continuing sound problems with 4.2-beta

On Sat, 4 Nov 2000, j mckitrick wrote:

> I continue to get 'invalid argument' when using 'play' to play a .wav file.
> Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what it is.

I never tried sound recording.
Lately I've tried mbone/speak_freely and it doesn't work :(
I've produced a patch (sent to -ports) that helps a bit, but the input is
still mutilated.
The card is ISA SB16 and I once (about a year ago) used speak_freely on
Linux on this machine.
Could someone verify if there're microphone recording problems ?
Does anyone use speak_freely or similar tool with success?

--Roman Shterenzon, UNIX System Administrator and Consultant
[ Xpert UNIX Systems Ltd., Herzlia, Israel. Tel: +972-9-9522361 ]