Date:      Thu, 29 Mar 2001 21:36:51 +0100
From:      Scott Mitchell <scott.mitchell@mail.com>
To:        "Viren R.Shah" <viren@cigital.com>, Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dell Latitude c800 w/ Xircom Realport card

On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 03:25:43PM -0500, Viren R.Shah wrote:
> Thanks Jamie. I tried setting the IRQ for pcic0 in the kernel config (irq
> pcic0 10) and that stopped the computer from hanging. When it asked me
> what IRQs were likely to be used by pc-card devices, I answered irq 9
> (the Dell BIOS doesn't tell me squat about IRQs :-( ). However, while
> it told me on the debug screen (alt-f2) that "pccard: card inserted,
> slot 0", it didn't seem to attach any driver to my Xircom
> Realport. When I got to the screen for telling it what device to use
> for the net install, my only choices were SLIP and PP devices.
>
> [Note: my Xircom card was always in the slot from before starting the
> install. I didn't re-insert it]
>
> Anyone have any more ideas?

Try some different IRQ combinations?  My Stinkpad likes to use 9 for the
PCMCIA controller and 10 for the Xircom card.  The Xircom cards seem to be
somewhat partial to IRQ 10 or 11, but that's by no means a hard-n-fast
rule.  If you can't nail this stuff down in the BIOS, or boot Windows and
see what combination it manages to get working, you're probably stuck
trying different things until you get lucky :-(

This is a 16-bit RealPort we're dealing with, right?  The CardBus models
don't work in 4.x.

Cheers,

	Scott