Date:      Fri, 30 Jul 1999 17:06:28 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>
To:        "Stephen J. Roznowski" <sjr@home.net>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Suggested enhancement to y2kbug.sgml page

Stephen,

Sorry it's taken this long to get back to you;

On Wed, Jun 02, 1999 at 09:51:48PM -0400, Stephen J. Roznowski wrote:
> I've been looking at adding the following section to the Y2K bug web page
> (patch below). Basically, this adds a letter in front of each problem
> report, and creates a little table showing compliance.
>
> However, after doing this, it doesn't seem like it would be very useful
> (since most of the problems weren't fixed until the most recent releases).
> Also, I was unsure of where -STABLE releases fit in this timeline.

As you say, I don't think it's too useful, and it becomes just one more
thing to maintain, which is probably a bad thing.  So, unless you were
volunteering to maintain it as well it's probably best to drop it.

Thanks for the effort though,

 [intentional self-reference] can be easily accommodated using a blessed,
 non-self-referential dummy head-node whose own object destructor severs
 the links.
    -- Tom Christiansen in <375143b5@cs.colorado.edu>