Date:      Mon, 8 Mar 1999 12:17:08 -0600
From:      Eric Lakin <elakin@psasolar.colltech.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   3.1R and pccards

Recently i decided to upgrade my vaio 505 to 3.1R from 3.0-stable (circa 01/99).
However, pcic detection problems have forced me to downgrade to 2.2.8R (the
only other media i had on-hand).

Basically, the pccard controler is being seen twice by the kernel. On bootup,
a controller with a single slot is found, and allocated an IRQ. Later in the
boot process, the controller is "found" again, and allocated a second IRQ. When
my 3Com ethernet card is in the slot and i run "pccardc dumpcis", it appears
that there are 2 slots, each with the exact same ethernet card. However, the
card DOES work. The main problem occurs when suspending - the machine can be
suspended and resumed once, but the second suspend freezes the machine. Console
messages indicate that it freezes when trying to unload the slot1 drivers.

This has been reported in the gnats database under :

But has this been resolved in 3.1-STABLE? Or a workaround (besides not using
pccards) been found? I'll be happy to re-load 3.1 to debug if it'll help
someone fix the prob.