Date:      Sat, 08 Jan 2011 12:40:18 +0900 (JST)
From:      TAKAHASHI Yoshihiro <nyan@FreeBSD.org>
To:        jfvogel@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, jack.vogel@intel.com
Subject:   Re: Supermicro Bladeserver

In article <AANLkTinkCvJy19NxWoN_hfNgae9ETEBtpG=szFf2WZT2@mail.gmail.com>
Jack Vogel <jfvogel@gmail.com> writes:

> I am trying to track down a problem being experienced at icir.org using
> SuperMicro
> bladeservers, the SERDES 82575 interfaces are having connectivity or perhaps
> autoneg problems, resulting in link transitions and watchdog resets.
>
> The closest hardware my org at Intel has is a Fujitsu server who's blades
> also have
> this device, but testing on that has failed to repro the problem.
>
> I was wondering if anyone else out there has this hardware, if so could you
> let me
> know your experience, have you had problems or not, etc etc?

My machine has the following em(4) device and it has a autoneg
problem.  When I was using 8-stable kernel at 2010/11/01, it has no
problem.  But I update to 8-stable at 2010/12/01, the kernel is only
linked up as 10M.

em0@pci0:0:25:0:    class=0x020000 card=0x13d510cf chip=0x104a8086 rev=0x02 hdr=0x00
     vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
     device     = '82566DM Gigabit Network Connection'
     class      = network
     subclass   = ethernet

---
TAKAHASHI Yoshihiro <nyan@FreeBSD.org>