Date:      Thu, 29 Oct 2009 22:54:26 +0100
From:      Paul B Mahol <onemda@gmail.com>
To:        Heino Tiedemann <rotkap@gmx.de>
Cc:        openoffice@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/138144: editors/openoffice.org-3: 3.1.0 crashes on closing

On 10/29/09, Heino Tiedemann <rotkap@gmx.de> wrote:
> The following reply was made to PR ports/138144; it has been noted by GNATS.
>
> From: Heino Tiedemann <rotkap@gmx.de>
> To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
> Subject: Re: ports/138144: editors/openoffice.org-3: 3.1.0 crashes on
> closing
> Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 20:41:43 +0100
>
>  is someone working on it?

I'm experiencing similar issue. But it only happens if openoffice
wants to use java. Note I have removed java and openoffice still works
(partialy) and it still crash on exit if I access java options. I think
part of problem was using java compiled from package instead one from ports.

I never bothered to compile java from ports to see if that may stop crash.