Date:      Fri, 12 May 2000 13:56:11 +0800
From:      Craig Beasland <craig@hotmix.com.au>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Printer to Email script

Hi there,

Someone asked me whether you could set up a printer and have it email the
results to someone.  I gave it some thought and said sure we can do that on
FreeBSD, but then I had a quick look around and couldn't find anything.

I was thinking of something along the lines of the Generic Text Only printer
driver under windows printing to a lpr printer which was really just a
script which feeds into sendmail or some other MTA.

Has anyone heard of anything similar? Can anyone see any problem with what I
am suggesting?

Cheers
craig