Date:      Sat, 9 Jun 2001 22:49:36 -0700
From:      clark shishido <clark@ruminary.org>
To:        "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <jeff-ml@mountin.net>
Cc:        "Jonathan C. Frazier" <admin@csocs.com>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dual boards

> At 08:34 PM 6/9/01 -0600, Jonathan C. Frazier wrote:
> Has anyone seen/heard any information on dual boards

check the usual sites http://www.tomshardware.com, http://anandtech.com,
etc for reviews.

On Sat, Jun 09, 2001 at 11:14:14PM -0500, Jeffrey J. Mountin wrote:
> Would be rather expensive at this point, seeing as only one board is out.

I followed an ad banner from one of the above sites for
http://www.elitepc.com and you can get one for ~$2,000.
I don't consider that expensive. Not a plug, I'll probably
end up buiding one myself.

> And there is the question of any issue FBSD might have running on the
> board.  No clue is the "Smart SMP" AMD talks about might require different
> coding.  Hope not, might be a while before it's useful.

if you read the other FreeBSD mailing lists this has already come up twice.

http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=244188+0+current/freebsd-current
( link will change as it gets archived, thread begins june 7 "dual athlons)

http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=651522+0+archive/2001/freebsd-hackers/20010422.freebsd-hackers

Short answer, it works with 4.2+

--clark