Date:      Tue, 11 Apr 2000 12:47:43 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Kris Kirby <kris@hiwaay.net>
To:        Vallo Kallaste <vallo@matti.ee>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: icecast/liveice problems

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Vallo Kallaste wrote:

> > Would anyone use a Lynx One and FreeBSD for a webcasting machine?
>
> Uh, I'll certainly like to see support for such a nice card as LynxOne.
> I doubt I'll see it, it's kinda 'professional', expensive soundcard,
> isn't it? My dad has one in his soundwork machine.
> --

It's a $500 card last I checked, but it's not "Windows Compatible". It's
architechure is that of fully independent channels. It's got a damn good
signature, can do 24 bit, and is very quiet. My father also has one in
his audio machine. It would be a nice edge over Linux, and it is a very
good card for live webcasting with real audio quality.

-----
<kris@nospam.hiwaay.net>    |