Date:      Fri, 21 May 2004 04:18:59 +0900
From:      Azamshul Azizy <azamshul@myrealbox.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: toshiba laptop satellite a45-s150

Jim Binkley wrote:
> I'm sending this email to just log what I did
> to get a dual-boot xp/bsd 5.2.1 toshiba laptop up ...

Hi.

Post 2002 Toshiba laptops has similar problems (the 5005 series in my
case). Other than the acpi, sound (mostly the Yamaha AC-XG AC97
compatible chipsets) probably depends on acpi to fetch its interrupts
etc, making it unusable if acpi is not enabled (see the dmesg and you'll
notice IRQ=255 for audio). AFAIK, there is still no success story on
having sound to work on these systems. If there's someone here in the ML
managed to have it working, please give feedback.

I am currently using 4.10-PRERELEASE and acpi still buggy. It kept
locking up the kernel randomly (or so it seems to), I had to disable it.

Azamshul Azizy
part-time rock star