Date:      02 Jun 2003 01:46:25 -0400
From:      "Brandon S. Allbery " KF8NH <allbery@ece.cmu.edu>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: optical mice

On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 01:37, Wes Peters wrote:
> >    Question? I could live without a wheel,
> > I could live without freeBSD, or without
> > computer at all. But, it's a matter of honor
> > to have wheel working in surrounding
> > windows community. Does someone
> > have experience with optical mice? Does
> > it work? Kernel has usb module for mouse,
> > know that. Oh, almost to forget! Release 5_0.
>
> My Logitech "Optical Wheel" mouse, model M-BJ58, works fine with XFree86
> 4.3.0, and did with 4.2.1 as well.  I have also used a Logitech HiRes
> Optical mouse with FreeBSD and XFree86 4.2.x, but I don't have it handy
> to report the model number.

I have an IBM optical wheel mouse and a Logitech optical trackball with
scrollwheel, both USB, working fine with various 4-STABLE releases.  I
would expect them to work with 5.0-RELEASE and -CURRENT as well,
although I don't have a -CURRENT machine to test with at the moment.

--
brandon s allbery [openafs/solaris/japh/freebsd] allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator [linux/heimdal/too many hats] allbery@ece.cmu.edu