Date:      Thu, 19 Apr 2001 10:46:21 -1000 (HST)
From:      Vincent Poy <vince@oahu.WURLDLINK.NET>
To:        Kyle <freebsd@sysmach.com>
Cc:        Jeremiah Gowdy <jgowdy@home.com>, Bzdik BSD <bzdik@yahoo.com>, Charles Burns <burnscharlesn@hotmail.com>, "<lplist@closedsrc.org>" <kris@obsecurity.org>, <mwlist@lanfear.com>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: the AMD factor in FreeBSD

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Kyle wrote:

> --- "Jeremiah Gowdy" <jgowdy@home.com>
> > wrote:
> >> G4 stil runs without heatsink - doesn't qualify as a real CPU to me.
> >> end :))
> >
> >Hell, seems like a 'realer' CPU to me !  Heatsinks are when we ran out of
> >ideas for making a nice core/pipeline design, so we had to increase speed by
> >ramping up the clock to insane speeds.
> >
> >I'm no Mac lover, but you have to admire the design of the Motorola G4
>
> I sorta dislike Macs, as they're just weird, and I dont like their OS.
> But I agree that heatsinks and fans are solutions to increase CPU
> performance the easy way. Like athletes using drugs and stimulants.
> I'd give G4 the credit although I dont like Macs. :/

	I'm no Mac lover either since I hate the way Mac OS does things
and their one button mouse after all these years!   But Mac OSX with
FreeBSD underneath atleast is a step in the right direction, just the
FreeBSD alone is what stands out of the crowd.  Mac OSX even copied the
famous FreeBSD "Rock Solid Stability" in all their marketing.

Cheers,
Vince - vince@WURLDLINK.NET - Vice President             ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
WurldLink Corporation                                  / / / /  | /  | __] ]
San Francisco - Honolulu - Hong Kong                  / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]
Almighty1@IRC - oahu.DAL.NET Hawaii's DALnet IRC Network Server Admin