Date:      Thu, 22 Aug 2002 09:57:05 +0100
From:      daniel lawrence <danny@alphazed.com>
To:        Marco Radzinschi <marco@radzinschi.com>
Cc:        FreeBDS-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 3Ware Escalade 7500 3DM support?

On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 07:36:16PM -0400, Marco Radzinschi wrote:

> Hello:
>
> 	I am considering building a couple Samba servers using a 3Ware
> Escalade 7500-12 card and twelve 120 GB IDE drives.
>
> I know that the Escalade 7500 card is supported, but I need to remotely
> monitor and control the RAID array.
>
> Is anyone running 3Ware's 3DM disk management software on FreeBSD with an
> Escalade card?

We are using a 7210 with 4.6-STABLE as of a few weeks ago and 3DM seems to
work fine so far. One glitch is I couldn't get the test alert emails to
send properly, but I might just misunderstand how it is supposed to work.
The real alert emails do work, however.

--
daniel lawrence               AlphaZed Ltd
mailto:danny@alphazed.com     http://www.alphazed.co.uk