Date:      Mon, 24 Jun 2002 21:33:59 -0500
From:      Greg Panula <greg.panula@dolaninformation.com>
To:        Kal Torak <kaltorak@quake.com.au>
Cc:        Barry Irwin <bvi@itouchlabs.com>, FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD ISP <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Good dual port NICs?

Kal Torak wrote:

> Barry Irwin wrote:
> > Not Dual port, but I have been using the quad port dlink 570-TX cards for
> > quite a while with no hastles.

I was unable to get dlink's quad port 570TX card to work properly in an
SMP kernel.  The card worked fine in single cpu mode.  The box I was
using was a compaq DL360 and the code was freebsd-stable 4.4.  I got
watchdog timeouts if I remember correctly.  A search thru -stable list
should turn up my problems.

The card & box worked fine with linux (kernel 2.2.x) both with and
without SMP enabled.

So, I'm not sure if it was an interupt thing or APIC thing with freebsd
or just a general user head-space problem on my part.

Just my two bits,
  Greg