Date:      Wed, 10 Jul 2002 11:47:23 -0500
From:      "Henning, Brian" <brian.henning@navitaire.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ramdom freezing on graphic intensive software

My computer randomly freezes up when i am running TMPGEnc in windows.
It also randomly freezes in freebsd with mplayer.

I have tried the following:
---------------------------
I tried installing the latest 4in1 driver version 4.3.36 from the Elitegroup
website for windows
I tried the PCI Latency 019 patch for windows
I tried switching the video cards (another AGP)
I don't know what to do to patch freebsd4.6

Nothing has worked, I get the same random freezing. The system is stable
until I start doing disk or video intensive processing. Should I try to turn
of DMA to see if that is the issue? How can I turn of DMA? Should I try to
reinstall from scratch? Any suggestions?

Computer Specs
==============
Mainboard Maker: Elitegroup
Mainboard Model: K7VZA
Mainboard Chipset: VIA 686B KT133A
OS: Windows 2000 Professional (Service Pack 2) (Partition 1)
OS: FreeBSD 4.6 (Partition 2)
Processor: AMD 1.2G
Ram: 512MB PC133 + 128MB PC133 = 640MB of PC133 RAM
Video Card: ATI Rage XC 4MB
Nic: D-Link 530TX+
Sound: On Board AC 97 Codec
BIOS: Award (original)