Date:      Wed, 28 Feb 2001 10:19:19 +0200
From:      Ivan_Voytas@atlantm.com
To:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Handbook

Hello,

First, sorry for my little english. It is not my native language.
Recently I was reading the main documentation of FreeBSD project - the Handbook
and met the very funny mistake.
URL ΤΟ this chapter is http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/routing.html & name of
this chapter is "Gateway & routes".

"The  next  thing that stands out are the 0:e0:... addresses. These are ethernet
hardware  addresses. FreeBSD will automatically identify any hosts (test0 in the
example)  on  the  local  ethernet and add a route for that host, directly to it
over  the  ethernet  interface,  ed0.  There  is  also a timeout (Expire column)
associated  with  this  type of route, which is used if we fail to hear from the
host  in a specific amount of time. In this case the route will be automatically
deleted.  These  hosts  are  identified  using a mechanism known as RIP (Routing
Information  Protocol),  which  figures  out  routes to local hosts based upon a
shortest path determination."

Looks  like  the author don't know the difference between RIP & ARP. :-) FreeBSD
is my favorite OS and I want to see errorless documentation.

With best regards, Ivan Voytas, system administrator of ISP.