Date:      Mon, 14 Aug 2000 00:28:26 +0900
From:      Makoto MATSUSHITA <matusita@jp.freebsd.org>
To:        lioux@uol.com.br
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to Create a FreeBSD iso image

lioux> I saw a posting from Mr. Matsushita regarding the snapshot ftp
lioux> site on Japan.  He mentioned they have w/ and w/o packages
lioux> versions. Does anyone happen to know if there are using scripts
lioux> to build selected parts of the ports tree?

I'm using my own prototype script (sorry not yet released, but I'll do
it later). The script...

- Requires extracted ports/ tree, full packages/ mirror including
  INDEX, and a list of ports name (e.g., shells/zsh, shell wildcard
  like www/netscape-* is also accepted).
- Creates just like a 'shadow' packages tree which contains all
  packages and required packages listed above.

The list of ports name is just my own selection, and is NOT the same
of the one which is included the 1st CD-ROM of official FreeBSD
distribution. I want to sync both contents, but it's hard job to check
which packages are selected.

I know there is src/release/scripts/print-cdrom-packages.sh, but this
script is also not yet finished (and this script only *prints* the
package names).

lioux> I would be very insterested on being able to choose some parts
lioux> of the tree and build packages to just those.

You can get dependencies from both ports (see print-cdrom-packages.sh
for further details), and packages (INDEX has all information, awk -F'|'
will help you).

-- -
Makoto `MAR' MATSUSHITA