Date:      13 Nov 2000 11:39:36 +0100
From:      Rasmus Kaj <kaj@raditex.se>
To:        Evan S <kaworu@sektor7.ath.cx>
Cc:        Rasmus Kaj <kaj@raditex.se>
Subject:   Re: 4.1.1 / SMP / SBLive

 ES> Hey,
 ES> I have a question. Can an SB Live be used in conjunction with
 ES> FreeBSD?  Well, if it can, I've got this weird problem. I use
 ES> FreeBSD 4.1.1-RELEASE with bp6 mobo + Dual 533mhz
 ES> Celerons. Compiled it all in, sndstat gives correct output for my
 ES> sblive. All cables are connected, volume all the way up.

I use a SB Live on 4.1-RELEASE, and it works on that. There's been
some updates since the one I'm using, both before and after the 4.1.1
tag, so I'd expect it to work even better in 4.2 ... :-)

The one problem I have had is that the card goes into some weird state
when i try to use input and output simultaneously, and after that I
can't play nor record anything until i reboot ...

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/sound/pci/emu10k1.c
provides some details abot the updates and the actual device driver.

 ES> I had to resort to using opensound which actually worked, but not with
 ES> SMP.

I don't run it SMP, so that may be your problem ...

--
Rasmus Kaj ------------------------ rasmus@kaj.se - http://Raditex.se/~kaj/
 \                 Money is the root of all evil.  Send $9.95 for more info