Date:      Sun, 5 Nov 2000 12:42:04 +0200
From:      Veaceslav Revutchi <sl@zeus.dnt.md>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   arp doesnt install entries into the arp table

hi

I have a problem that has been going for a couple of days.
A pc router running 3.2release at certain moments wont
have mac addresses in its arp table for the other
hosts on the same LAN. A arp -an would say [incomplete].
In the mean time a tcpdump on arp show that the machine does
send arp requests and it does receive arp reply, it just
wont install them. Only after I do a arp -ad will it start
to install entries again. The interface in question is mx0.

I looked through system messages and could find any indication
of a relevant error message ot something.

Could this be a driver problem? Has anyone had a similar problem?

thanks,
slava.