Date:      Thu, 19 Apr 2001 13:50:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Rick Duvall <maillist@coastsight.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mkisofs bootable ISO

Okay, I got the boot image from the floppy disk copied to
/usr/cd/boot.img.  Then, I issue the following command:

cd /usr
mkisofs -o cd.iso -R -J -B boot.img cd
Then ftp over to a windows box and burn the cd.iso to a cd.

However, the CD will not boot, even though I can read it in windows just
fine.  If I do a:

cd /usr
mkisofs -o cd.iso -B boot.img cd

The cd will boot, but just to the BOOT: prompt, and it will say,
"/boot/loader not found" and "/kernel" not found, even though I put it in
the root of the cd.  Also, long filenames break when I leave out the -R
and -J.

Any command line of what I should try with mkisofs would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Rick Duvall